Lemon & Dill White Bean Spread with Mediterranean Cherry Tomato & Cucumber Salad
- 3- 15.5 oz cans of white canellini beans, drained
- 2 cloves fresah garlic
- 1/3 cup Palmetto Olive Oil Co. Wild Fernleaf Dill Olive Oil
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- Sea Salt to taste
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup fresh diced tomatoes
- 2 T. fresh chopped dill
- 2 T. Fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted olives, chopped
- 1/4 cup Palmetto Olive Oil Co. Champagne Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
Place the first 5 ingredients, beans, garlic, dill olive oil and lemon juice, in the bowl of a food processor or blender and process until creamy and smooth. Adjust seasoning based on the salt level of the beans. Refrigerate until the bean spread becomes a bit thick.
Place the cut up vegetables in a sealable container. In a separate bowl, whisk the champagne wine vinegar with the salt until dissolved. Add the olive oil and pepper and whisk to combine. Pour over the vegetables and allow to marinate refrigerated for no more than an hour.
To assemble, spoon the bean spread into a wide shallow bowl. Top with the marinated Mediterranean Summer Salad. Garnish the salad with freshly cut herbs, crumbled feta, olives, and an additional drizzle of olive oil. Serve cold with pita or grilled flatbread.